The Epsom and Ewell Young Champions Awards are about recognising and celebrating the outstanding achievements of the brilliant young people in our borough. Lets celebrate those who have gone above and beyond to help their local community and support others.
The council are looking for nominations from members of the public, including friends and neighbours along with schools, youth groups and voluntary organisations.
Please help us to celebrate our young people’s achievements.
The winners will be announced at the celebration ceremony being held on Monday 24 February 2020.
Please EMAIL completed nominations to [email protected]
Please POST nominations to: The Mayor’s Office, Epsom & Ewell Borough Council, Town Hall, The Parade, Epsom, KT18 5BY.
The Award Categories
Community Spirit Award
This award will be given to a young person or group who has provided outstanding community and voluntary service, or has made a significant contribution to the life of a fellow resident.
This award will be given to a young person who regularly goes out of their way to help other people or has caring responsibilities and has demonstrated outstanding care for a family member or friend in need.
This award will be given to a young person or group who has made a difference in their community through giving their time and best efforts voluntarily for the benefit of others.
This award will be given to a young person who has shown courage, bravery, determination and strength during unimaginable circumstances and is an inspiration to others.
Disability Champion Award
This award will be given to a young person who has overcome adversity and has worked through disability with a positive and inspiring attitude on those around them, or a young person who has contributed to improving the lives of those with disability.
Sports Person Award
This award will be given to a young person who has excelled in their commitment to sport through hard work and determination as an individual, also overcoming personal challenges.
Team Player Award
This award will be given to a young person who has achieved excellence through their encouragement of others, their unselfishness and willingness to be part of a team.
Young Environmentalist Award
This award will be given to a young person or group of young people who have provided a service to improve the environment for the benefit of their local community.
This award will be given to an individual or group who has made a fantastic effort to raise funds for a good cause in an innovative and creative way.
- The young person being nominated must live in the borough.
- Nominees must be no older than 21 (maximum age for disabled young people is 25). Please note this includes both individual and group nominations.
- You cannot nominate a young person you are related to.
- You can only submit two nominations.
- Self-nominations for both individual and group awards will not be accepted.
- The individual / group you are nominating must agree to being nominated.
- Parent/guardian must agree to the nomination for both the individual and group awards.
- You agree that by submitting a nomination you are happy for the young person’s name and photograph to be included in press/media releases.
- You cannot nominate if you are a serving elected member or officer of Epsom & Ewell Borough Council.
- An individual or group can only win one award. If they are nominated by different people for more than one award, the assessment panel will decide which category is appropriate.
- Nominations for party political related work cannot be accepted.
Nominations must be received at the Town Hall either in electronic or hard copy by Friday 24th January 2020