Drug dealer caught in Epsom after pursuit by officers and National Police Air Service

A drug dealer who was caught after a pursuit involving Roads Policing Officers and the National Police Air Service has been jailed.

Kieran Beart was driving suspiciously along the A309 Kingston bypass when officers first noticed him at 3.15am at June 4, 2019.

He was noticed again in the Epsom area a short time later but made off at speed and was pursued until he stopped in Richards Field, Epsom and ran off over garden fences and through a field.

Police Sergeant Chris Schultze from the Surrey and Sussex Roads Policing Unit who had pursued him in his car then followed on foot and was guided by NPAS across the field to Maple Close where he arrested Beart, as shown in the video footage below

Beart, aged 21 and of St Johns Chase, March, Cambridgeshire, was found in possession of a rucksack that contained a quantity of drugs, pepper spray, knuckle duster and two knives. In total he was sentenced to 4 years and 6 months in prison and was banned from driving for 12 months.

PS Schultze said: “Beart was absolutely intent on getting away from us that night, but through great teamwork involving our colleagues at NPAS we made sure he was never out of reach.

“This is a prime example of the work that we see on every shift to proactively identify and detect offenders, either through the technology in our cars or old fashioned police work.

“This only started through our suspicions being raised and ended with harmful drugs being destroyed, two knives and other weapons off the streets and a desperate drug dealer behind bars for a number of years.”

Russ Woolford, Assistant Operations Director for the National Police Air Service (South East), said: “This pursuit showed good teamwork between officers on the ground and our helicopter crew. NPAS tracked the suspect and guided officers to him to make an arrest. The crew were also able to pinpoint where a bag was discarded, helping to gather further evidence. We’re delighted to have been able to assist Surrey Police in bringing this offender to justice.

He was sentenced on Thursday September 12 at Kingston Crown Court having pleaded guilty to possession with intent to supply Class A drugs, possession of offensive weapons, dangerous driving and a section 5 firearms offence regarding the possession of pepper spray.

The video, courtesy of the National Police Air Service

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *