Date(s) - 17/01/2020 - 06/03/2020
The great scarecrow competition returns again as part of this year’s Herald of Spring, 7 March 2020. Local primary schools and youth groups are invited to enter our competition and create a scarecrow on this year’s theme – this year Bourne Hall is 50 years old and to celebrate its birthday we are going all 1960s. So maybe a hippie scarecrow with flowers in its hair, Beatles or Rolling Stones, or a scarecrow in a mini skirt! Or perhaps 1960s children’s programmes… how about Camberwick Green, Captain Pugwash, Clangers, Fireball XL5, Magic Roundabout, Sooty, or Stingray. Or the Kinks well-respected man!
- Entries must follow the theme of the 1960s
- Props may be used with the scarecrow.
- Scarecrows must include some plant material which can be living, fresh or dried.
- They should be no taller than 6 feet tall and be able to withstand all weather conditions.
- The use of recycled materials is encouraged.
- Scarecrows must be brought to Bourne Hall by Friday 6 March.
- The scarecrows will be judged by the Mayor of Epsom & Ewell on the Saturday of Herald of Spring.
- 1st place £100 vouchers
- 2nd place £50 vouchers