Message from Dan Edwards, Stakeholder Project Manager for SGN
“I am writing to make you aware of our forthcoming upgrade of our gas network in West Street, Epsom. This essential work involves the replacement of old metal gas mains with new plastic pipe to ensure we continue to provide a safe and reliable gas supply to the local area. Our contractor Essex Utilities will undertake this work on our behalf.
So that we can minimise disruption, we have carefully consulted and planned our work in partnership with Surrey County Council. We have agreed to start our project on Monday 14 October and last approximately 3 weeks. Our engineers will be working in two phases as follows:
Phase 1 – West Hill, between the junction of Hookfield and Wheelers Lane
- We will begin our project on West Hill on Monday 14 October for approximately two weeks
- Our engineers will be working between the junction of Hookfield and Wheelers Lane
- There will be no carriageway incursion during this phase
- During this phase our engineers will be working Monday – Friday between 8am and 6pm
Phase 2 – West Street, from the junction of South Street to the junction of West Hill
- From Saturday 26 October our engineers will progress into West Street between the junctions of West Hill and South Street for approximately one week
- To ensure everyone’s safety we need to make West Street one way westbound under the railway bridge from the junction of South Street to the junction of West Hill for approximately one week
- A signed diversion will be in place for all eastbound traffic
- We also need to suspend bus stop ‘E’ on West Street during this phase
- Pedestrian access will be maintained throughout
- During this phase our engineers will be working Monday – Friday between 7am and 7pm and Saturday and Sunday between 8am and 2pm.
We understand that people can get frustrated by roadworks. However, the new plastic pipe has a minimum lifespan of 80 years. This means that when the work is complete, Epsom residents and businesses will continue to enjoy the benefits of a safe and reliable gas supply for years to come.
You can find more information about this project and other works in your area, at One.Network here: http://bit.ly/2mXjLNH
Please could you share this information with anyone you think may be impacted by our work.
I hope I have been able to reassure you of our commitment to deliver a safe project and keep you updated.
Dan Edwards, Stakeholder Project Manager“